Friday, September 14, 2012

Drags

Usually dragonflies are a mid summer, no birds to look at, so I'll look at some dragonflies feature. However with blasting westerlies dominating September so far this is what I ended up finding c.5 female Red-veined Darters!

After flukely catching a female on 29th August on site we read a bit more about the criteria for them and managed to ID some today! 

Birdwise we had 83 Tufted Duck, 3 Chiffchaff and 2 Common Sandpiper. So decided to test out the macro function of the new camera.


And for those of you that don't have a clue but are still reading... 


Well I don't have a clue either really so I hope I haven't made a fool of myself!

If you fancy seeing some for yourself the ones today were along the bus road coming in from Heslington Church on the right before you get to any water bodies there is a small reedy drain/pool with vegetation around it and they were around there.

Also had a single male Black Darter in the same area.

Off to North Ronaldsay this week so hopefully the next post will be about birds!

No comments:

Post a Comment