Sunday, September 18, 2011

Shenstone

Today involved getting up early and heading to Shenstone to look for the juv Black Redstart thats been kicking around there for a while.


Arriving fairly early 06:45 we waited about 30 mins until we managed to see the bird. Initially picked up at some distance it eventually came a lot closer and showed really well. Right nice bird and I've only seen 1 before! Shocking.


Borrowed, thanks



Apparently its a juv as it was fluffy and spotty when it first turned up, I couldn't see why it was one today! Pale wing panel was a feature I wasn't expecting but being a complete novice with Black Reds a quick google shows that female types can show this.


Borrowed, thanks



Photos of the actual bird here http://shenstonebirder.blogspot.com/ seen as I couldn't be bothered.


Also; 2 Goldcrest, 9 Meadow Pipit over, 2 Jay and Grey Wag over.


Nice year tick and was back home by 08:30!

1 comment:

  1. Ha...I was looking at your pics Tim and I though 'wait a minute thats a different bird...could ther be two?" and then I read your post and realized that they were just some shots you had borrowed as you couldn'y be arsed...lol!

    ReplyDelete