Thursday, September 15, 2011

Ruff

Having not being able to get down to the lakes since Monday my first chance was this evening so I headed down  to see what was about.


Pulling up by the western flashes a quick look up shows a largish wader but my bins were still in my bag! Quick panic to get them out and get on the bird (whilst thinking poss Whimbrel) get on the bird and its a cracking juv male Ruff!


This is my 18th sp of wader in under a year of watching my University lakes! (missed Knot and Black-tailed Godwit)




definition of a record image not what they call record shots on surfbirds




By the time I'd set up the scope, had a look at the bird and then realised I'd left my camera at home! The bird then flew towards the Wood Sand pool. Quick move and the bird was showing well feeding away. Great big stunning thing.


http://www.vimeo.com/29116268


Walking along the main lake a juv Little Grebe was on part of the main lake, only my second record on site.
5 Tufted Duck plenty of ducks, geese and gulls going over and 3 Common Sands on the main lake.


!!! Hes East mega




Grey Phal will have to wait till tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment