Monday, December 26, 2011

Canon S95

Got a new camera for Christmas, the Canon Powershot S95.


Had a play around with it today and its brilliant! Here's a few shots I managed in the awful light today with my dodgey old Kowa TSN-2 will hopefully be upgrading this and getting a proper digiscoping kit in January for my 21st.








ISO: 400
Shutter Speed: 1/250 sec
F stop: f/2.8
distance to subject: 750ft


ISO: 400 
Shutter Speed: 1/25 sec
F stop: f/2
Distance to subject: 20ft




ISO: 400
Shutter Speed: 1/25 sec
F stop: f/2.8
Distance to subject: 50ft 


 ISO: 400
Shutter Speed: 1/60
F stop: f/2.8
Distance to subject: 1500ft
 ISO: 400
Shutter Speed: 1/500 sec
F stop: f/3.2
Distance to subject: 40ft
 ISO: 400
Shutter Speed: 1/320
F stop: f/2
Distance to subject: 30ft


ISO: 400
Shutter Speed: 1/200 sec
F stop: f/2
Distance to subject: 40ft


Not sure I like Photoscape that I'm using to edit the photos or maybe its just my editing skills!

I've added some detail underneath each photo, any advice appreciated! Will keep posting on here my efforts and hopefully I'll improve as I keep practicing!

Also present at Bittell today were 2 interesting 2w gulls. One I am sure was a Yellow-leg and the other I think was an large NW argentatus type, poor photo of the second bird attached









1 comment:

  1. Some good photos there Tim...a good choice of camera.

    In my experience digiscoping/viding gets easier the more you get familiar with your camera and its settings and, judging by these early shots, this bodes well for your future photos

    ReplyDelete