Thursday, December 29, 2011

2011

So seen as everyone else in Bloggerland is summarising their year I thought I'd join in.


This year saw me discover my own proper patch at my Uni lakes and so allowing me to find my own birds!


Talking of finding my own birds I managed a whopping 42 self found ticks! Of which 8 were lifers! Highlights being;


Ad Caspian Gull at Rainham, bit dodgey but a first winter at Bartley last week made it proper
Family party of Whooper Swans on a Scottish Loch- STUNNING!!!
Black Tern on my Uni lakes with an Osprey on my first day back from Easter- WAHOOOO
Wood Sandpiper- 2 on my Uni lakes
Water Pipit- at Frampton RSPB whilst watching 7 Temminck's Stints!
Quail- just like everyone else!
Great Shearwater, Sabine's Gull and Pom Skua in Cornwall, seawatching 'self found ticks' always feel like cheating, although a Roseate Tern flypast was immense!
Little Stint on my Uni Lakes in late autumn after chasing round a flying stint after there were semi-p's everywhere, still stonking!
A new coastal patch (hopefully) added Black Redstart and Snow Bunting
Bean Goose and White-fronted Goose, like everyone else I just strung some flyovers...


And my self finding highlight a Rough-legged Buzzard at Donna Nook, you just can't beat it can you?!


What will next year bring? A self found BB rare? (isn't this how everyone finishes their yearly summary?)

No comments:

Post a Comment