Friday, January 27, 2012

Year list update

So nearly a month gone on my York Area Year list challenge and I'm up to 102 species managing to add Kingfisher at Redhouse Resv and also more views of the Adult Caspian at Upper Poppleton and a second poss adult! 1st winter YLG was a nice bird as well, tomorrow I'm off to look for Firecrests, Brambling and Mealy Redpolls!


Birds that I should to catch up with by March are;


Brambling
Mealy Redpoll
Woodlark
Chiffchaff
Stonechat
Egyptian Goose


Species that I'm gonna be targeting trying to find are


Glaucous Gull
Firecrest
Bean Goose
Waxwing
Twite
Hen Harrier
Scaup


Apparently Darren Starkey who jointly holds the previous record of 170 with Russell Slack was on 120 by the end of March, so during March I'll hopefully get


Blackcap
Little Ringed Plover
Oystercatcher
Goshawk
Marsh Harrier
Ringed Plover


plus possibly


Swallow
Sand Martin
Lesser Spotted Woodpecker
Hawfinch


So thats a potential 23 species to take me to 125 by the end of March! A couple of unexpected bonuses would be good!

No comments:

Post a Comment